Employment Opportunities at Queen City Forging
NOW HIRING - OPERATORS
The description Operator is usually preceded by a descriptive term describing the equipment they are trained to operate such as Hammer Operator, Press Operator, Shear Operator and so forth. Operators carry out production activities as directed.
Operators receive on the job training, regardless of previous work experience. At the completion of training an Operator should be able to safely operate the equipment for which training was received (hammer, shear, press, etc.).
- Operators follow instructions on the Job Bulletins Screen located on Control Panel (Plex), other work instructions as required.
- Operators comply with applicable Quality Procedures and safety guidelines.
- Operators must be able to complete documentation required by procedures and work instructions.
- Operators perform dimensional checks of product as required.
- Operators are trained in proper storage, handling and identification methods for materials and products as required.
Some Operators are also trained in proper and safe Set-Up of the equipment and are then referred to as Set-Up Operators. Other duties as assigned by their direct manager.
- High School diploma preferred – GED acceptable
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions and complete required forms and documents in a legible manner.
- Basic computer skills preferred but not requirement for hire.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit. The employee is regularly required to stand; bend at waist; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed too airborne particles and non-hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. In most instances this job will require work in areas where eye and ear protection are necessary. Steel-toed shoes or boots are strongly recommended.
To apply, please fill in your information below.
Queen City Forging Company
235-B Tennyson St.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45226
(513) 321 - 7200
Fax (513) 321 - 2004